mandag den 5. juni 2017

Calories.

This morning the scales said 176,7 kg. Not bad.

I've been dabbling with counting calories lately, and yesterday for the first time I counted everything I ate.

I already established that my daily "calorie maintenance" is around 4912,5, and most websites recommended cutting down 20% as a good and easy starting goal. So I was aiming for 3930 calories, and I came in at 3250, which is 672 under the mark. So that was a good experiment.

Counting calories is hard work, though, and it definitely won't be something I can keep doing when my days become more busy. But at least this is where my autism and dependence on habit comes in handy, because I eat pretty much the same things over and over again, and make them the same way every time. So once I've calculated the calories in something, I probably won't have to do it again.

But the goal also isn't to diet by counting everything for the rest of my life. The goal is teaching myself the appropriate amounts to eat of things, which... has been pretty goddamn skewed. Probably in part because I'm fat, and people have literally screamed diabetes at me since my early teens, sugar has been pretty harshly villified in my mind, when fat is actually the worst offender, calorie-wise.

So I've got a lot to learn.

Stay tuned.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar